To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit:
Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
Lavender essential oil continues to be one of the worlds most used and loved oils. It is extremely versatile in its uses, which makes it ideal for a number of different health reasons. No longer just used for its pleasant smell as a perfume or scenting the air, it is now used for a number of benefits for our bodies and mind. Lets discuss some of these health benefits of lavender oil and how far-reaching its health properties can be.
1. Lavender essential oil is widely used today for its ability to help induce sleep. It is regularly recommended as an alternative treatment for those individuals who are suffering from insomnia. Lavender oil can not only help treat insomnia, but it can also improve the overall quality of sleep, including length of sleep, restfulness and the time it took to fall asleep. Try diffusing lavender before or during sleep, or rubbing some of the oil on your neck and temples. You can also try placing some of the oil directly on your pillow.
2. Due to lavender oil’s antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, it can have great benefits for the overall health of your skin. It also has antiseptic and anti fungal properties as well. This makes the oil helpful in treating a wide variety of skin conditions, such as psoriasis, acne, wrinkles and sunburns. By adding lavender oil to chamomile, it can also be helpful in treating eczema. It can even help to make the skin look younger and reduce age spots.
3. Lavender essential oil can also help to improve blood circulation in the blood. Although this may not seem important at first, by improving blood circulation, this can have beneficial effects on blood pressure, hypertension and coronary circulation. As well, oxygenation and muscle health is promoted, brain activity can increase and the brightness and color of the skin is enhanced.
4. If you are having issues with digestion, then lavender oil could help in this regard. It has been found that this essential oil is useful for digestion by increasing the movement of food within the intestines. As well, the oil stimulated the production of gastric juices and bile. This is helpful in treating stomach conditions such as indigestion, stomach pain and diarrhea. Lavender oil’s anti-inflammatory and healing properties can also help in this regard.
5. If you are looking to improve your mood, lavender oil may also help. This oil can help to alleviate feelings of anxiety and depression. It also has a calming effect which makes it helpful for calming nerves or relieving emotional stress. This can be attributed to its refreshing and pleasant scent and its ability to beneficially impact the autonomic nervous system. Always be sure to work with your medical practitioner as well in regards to these treatments.
6. Lastly, lavender oil can greatly impact the overall health of your hair. It has been shown to have positive effects when working as a treatment for hair loss, specifically for those individuals suffering from alopecia. It may also help to stimulate hair growth when applied topically to the skin, such as the scalp since it is a regenerative. Also, lavender oil can help to get rid of dandruff and itchy scalp, help in the treatment of head lice, and also work well as a conditioner for your hair.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and foods and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.