Here is an easy to follow bath salts recipe to add essential oils to for making a bath salts soak or body scrub.
For the complete recipe for Bath Salts, read description below.
Basic Salts Scrub Recipe
Bath salts are great for the bath or made into a scrub for the shower for the removal of dead skin. You get to choose your salts: Dead Sea Salts, Himalayan Salts, Epsom Salts, or Sugar. Bath are great for soaking to relieve pain. You can make these as needed by just adding a few drops of essential oils with salts into your bath. But, if you do make them in advance, you can use a pretty container for storing in the bath and have them ready on hand for use.
What You Will Need:
1/2 Cup Sea Salts
2-4 Ounces Carrier oil (Coconut, Almond, or another oil)
9-12 Drops Top Note Essential Oil
6-8 Drops Middle Note Essential Oil
3-4 Drops Base Note Essential Oil
What To Do:
1. In a small glass bowl, add your essential oils and carrier oil. Stir to blend using a stir rod. When adding your essential oils start with your base note, followed by your middle note and then your top note. (We do this is order so that we can check the scent to make sure not to add too much of a heavy oil.)
3. Now, you can add your bath salts once you are happy with your essential oil blend. Stir to blend well and saturate the salts.
4. Use in the shower or bath tub daily. For scrubs, you will want to add more carrier oil to give it a “mushy” consistency and hold together.
5. To use scrub, rub into the skin in an upward motion toward the heart in a circular movement.
6. For bath, add 1/2 to 1 cup of salts into running water. Swish to mix around. Soak for 20 minutes.
3. Stir with a stir rod or spoon to mix well.
**Be sure to check the cautions of the oils you are using. Some essential oils are not recommended for baths and/or could cause sensitivity.
Get Your Copy of Therapeutic Blending With Essential Oil Book.