This video is about Best Essential Oils for Sinus Infection
What is a sinus infection? Sinusitis or sinus infection is an inflammation of the air cavities within the passages of the nose. Sinusitis can be caused by a myriad of things like allergies, infections and chemical irritation of the sinuses. One positive factor is that most people do not spread sinus infections to other people.
What are sinus infection symptoms? Symptoms can range from congestion, sinus headaches, sneezes, facial tenderness pressure toothaches, to pain in the sinuses, in the ears and teeth. Other symptoms include fever, cloudy discolored nasal or postnasal drainage, sore throat, cough, and occasionally facial swelling.
What triggers a sinus infection? A cold or viral infection can trigger a sinus infection along with air pollution and smog. Also airborne allergens can start the onset of a sinus infection.
Why do I get recurring sinus infections? Complications with the physical structure of your sinuses such as nasal polyps, narrow sinuses, or a deviated septum are common reasons for recurring sinus infections.
How long dos a sinus infection last? The duration of a sinus infection varies depending on the the type of infection incurred. Acute sinusitis usually begins with cold like symptoms such as a runny nose, stuffy nose and facial pain. It may start suddenly and last 2-4 weeks. Subacute sinus inflammation usually lasts 4 to 12 weeks and chronic inflammation symptoms last 12 weeks or longer.
What happens if a sinus infection is untreated? An infection that is left untreated, can in some cases, spread and cause serious illness. Chronic sinusitis can cause dizziness, vertigo, fatigue, cancer and in some cases death. It is strongly advised that you see a physician if the infection becomes more acute
These are the best essential oils for sinus infections?
Peppermint Oil contains menthol which is a compound that affects the mucus receptors in the nose. This in turn helps to open the airways and clear mucus buildup. Peppermint oil can fight bacteria and reduce inflammation.
2. Eucalyptus Oil is one of the more popular remedies for relieving colds and coughs, including sinus congestion and stuffiness. Eucalyptus oil is often used in steam baths for more relief which can clear stuffiness and congestion in the nose.
3. Tea Tree Oil A 2006 review found that tea tree oil has antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties which can help with sinus tissue inflammation and bacteria which are often the offenders of sinus congestion.
4. Oregano Oil Because oregano oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties, it can greatly help sinus congestion.
5. Rosemary Oil is an anti-inflammatory essential oil that may soothe swollen sinuses. Authors of a 2016 review described rosemary’s anti-inflammatory properties as a pain reducer, an inflammation soother and an immune system strengthener.
6. Lavender Oil can improve symptoms of sinus congestion by reducing pain and swelling. Lavender oil may also reduce inflammation.
PACIFIC SUN by Nicolai Heidlas
Music Katerina Petroviska
Simple Step instruments Slenderbeats Youtube Library