Excessive breast compression during mammography may not improve image quality and cause unnecessary pain.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at
I started talking about false-positives. That was the topic of my last video. This is the 6th in a 14-video series on mammograms. If you missed the first 5, check them out:
• 9 out of 10 Women Misinformed about Mammograms ((
• Mammogram Recommendations – Why the Conflicting Guidelines (
• Should Women Get Mammograms Starting at Age 40? (
• Do Mammograms Save Lives? (
• Consequences of False-Positive Mammogram Results (
Stay tuned for:
• Can Mammogram Radiation Cause Breast Cancer? (
• Understanding the Mammogram Paradox (
• Overtreatment of Stage 0 Breast Cancer DCIS (
• Women Deserve to Know the Truth About Mammograms (
• Breast Cancer and the 5-Year Survival Rate Myth (
• Why Mammograms Don’t Appear to Save Lives (
• Why Patients Aren’t Informed About Mammograms (
• The Pros and Cons of Mammograms (
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here:
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
• HOW NOT TO DIE:
• Podcast :