For more info:
In this video, I am going to talk to you about IBS natural treatments and the IBS diet. IBS stands for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I have worked with thousands of patients and helped lay out natural treatments to help people overcome this condition, and I know you can overcome it, too.
4 Steps to Treat IBS:
1) What foods to stay away from if you have IBS:
• Gluten – This inflammatory protein in grain can cause IBS. I suggest at the start of treatment to stay away from ALL grain products (especially wheat). After about 3-9 months, you can start adding in some sprouted or sourdough grains.
• Casein or conventional dairy products – Kefir or fermented dairy can be helpful, but regular dairy can be very destructive for IBS.
• Hydrogenated Oils
• Raw foods – salads and raw foods can damage the gut if you have IBS, so it’s best to eat only cooked foods.
• Cold foods – Ice water, Ice cream and cold foods are hard on the digestive system
• Processed or refined/packaged foods
2) Top healing foods for IBS (consume foods that nourish the colon and spleen)
• White immune-boosting foods
⁃ Cauliflower, Garlic and Onions – Cooked onions and garlic can kill off bad bacteria in the gut.
⁃ Butternut, Acorn and Spaghetti Squashes are nourishing to the spleen and colon
• Bone Broth- #1 superfood to consume to heal IBS
⁃ Bone Broth soup contains amino acid to help repair and heal the intestinal lining.
⁃ A perfect meal would be a crockpot with organic meat, bones/broth, and vegetables such as squash and celery.
3) Quality Supplements
• Live Probiotic Supplements
• L-Glutamin – amino acid that protects and nourishes the gut lining
• Frankincense Essential Oil – reduces inflammation
• Digestive Enzymes – take at meal to help break down food so it is easier to digest
4) Focus on reducing stress
• Schedule 3 things daily
⁃ Long walk in nature
⁃ Read a spiritual growth book, meditate or pray
⁃ Wind down with a detox bath at night
⁃ 1 cup epsom salt and 20 drops oil (Lavendar) and soak away
If you want more natural treatments for IBS check out:
*This content is strictly the opinion of Dr. Josh Axe, and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Axe nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.