What physiologic effects does classical music have compared to new age music, grunge rock, techno, and heavy metal?
Get the preface for Dr. Greger’s brand-new book, How Not to Diet, by subscribing to his free newsletter at
Back by popular demand! In my last such video, Music as Medicine ( I asked if this topic was of interest, and the response was overwhelmingly positive, so here you go—another installment! If there are ever subjects you wished I’d cover more, please just leave your suggestions in the comments section below.
What about smells instead of sounds? See:
• Orange Aromatherapy for Anxiety (
• Lavender for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (
• Wake Up and Smell the Saffron (
Then of course there’s the boring dietary interventions:
• Saffron for the Treatment of PMS (
• Aspartame and the Brain (
• Antioxidants and Depression (
• Improving Mood Through Diet (
• The Cilantro Gene (
• The Best Way to Boost Serotonin (
In my next video I’ll address another dimension of mental health: Plant-Based Diets for Improved Mood and Productivity (
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and he’ll try to answer it!
Image Credit: DaveBleasdale via Flickr.
• How Not to Die:
• NEW BOOK – How Not to Diet:
• Podcast: /