Vegan Thanksgiving sounds like it shouldn’t be a thing. But we’re here to prove that wrong! This Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe proves that Turkey Day tastes can be made using nothing but plant-based ingredients and still deliver all the fall flavor you love. With sweet, velvety acorn squash, crunchy quinoa, colorful veggies, and essential oils, this simple vegan recipe lets you enjoy the flavors of the season without needing to bust out your stretchy pants.
2 acorn squash
1¾ tablespoons olive oil, divided
¼ cup celery, chopped
½ cup carrots, chopped
½ an onion
¾ cup Brussels sprouts, shredded
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup vegetable broth
¼ cup Organic Dried Wolfberries
1 drop Rosemary Vitality™ Essential Oil
2 drops Thyme Vitality™ Essential Oil
2 drops Black Pepper Vitality™ Essential Oil
Salt and Pepper
Roasting the Squash:
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Cut off ends of squash and cut in half lengthwise.
3. Scoop out pulp and seeds.
4. Brush squash halves with ½ tablespoon olive oil.
5. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
6. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Place squash sides face down on baking sheet.
8. Bake for 25–35 minutes.
While Squash is Roasting:
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet.
2. Saute celery, carrots, and onion for 5–7 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add Brussels sprouts and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Cook quinoa in vegetable stock until done
6. Combine quinoa, sautéed veggies, and wolfberries.
7. Combine 1 teaspoon olive oil with Vitality essential oils.
8. Pour over quinoa/veggie mixture and toss.
9. Salt and pepper to taste.
10. Fill each squash halve with mixture.
11. Bake for 10 minutes.
12. Let cool slightly; then dig into this festive fall dish!
For more glimpses into the fun, excitement, and connection that being a Young Living member brings, subscribe to see more videos like this!
Want more? Follow us on our social media to get great DIY projects, tips on using our essential oils, and the next events that you can be a part of!