Ultra- hydrating and full of Omega-6 and Omega-3 essential fatty acids, including gamma-linolenic acid, an important Omega-6 for skin.
Equipment You’ll Need
• Measuring cups
• Mixing bowl
• Hand Mixer
• 1 Cup Mango Butter
• ½ Cup Hemp Oil
• ½ Cup Jojoba Oil
• 1 tsp Citrus Burst Essential Oil
1. Melt 1 cup of Mango Butter in a double boiler or microwave. Be careful not to overheat.
2. Add ½ cup of Hemp Oil and ½ cup of Jojoba Oil and 1tsp of Citrus Burst Essential Oil.
3. Mix well and place in refrigerator for 1 hour or until semi-solid.
4. Remove from refrigerator and whip with electric hand mixer.
5. Fill into jars and enjoy!
Creating your formula
Now that you’ve created your own custom product, it’s important to create a formula. Recording your formula will ensure that you can recreate the same product consistently. It also gives you the ability to scale up or down to meet the demands of your customers.
1. When you are measuring your ingredient either chose to measure by weight or by volume. It’s important that you don’t switch back and forth. Eventually, you will have to make larger batches and will need to convert your formulas. It is best if you start all of your formulas measuring by weight. When you are ready to make larger batches you will not want to have to measure out your ingredients by the cup. Every ingredient has a different specific gravity, meaning 1 cup of feathers does not weigh the same as 1 cup of water. In the long run it is easier and more accurate to use weight for all of your measurements.
2. Since you won’t be placing ingredients directly on the scale, you must tare out the weight of your container. To tare your container weight, simply place the empty container on your scale and press the tare button. This should bring the weight to zero. Now you’re ready to place your ingredient into the container. Because you started at zero, you will get the weight of the ingredient without the container weight.
3. Record each ingredient weight and convert to a percentage of the total product.
4. You can also visit the Essential Library for recommended percentages of essential oils and conversion calculators.
5. If you need additional help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-252-9639.